Disney’s new streaming app, Disney+, is absolutely amazing. They have so many shows and movies from before my time to present day, and they still have more to upload as well as Disney+ originals. It’s pretty awesome that I can start showing Zeke everything that we used to watch and more. That being said, I’ve definitely been using this app non-stop since it was released. At first, my sister and I couldn’t finish any one show or movie because there’s SO MUCH to choose from and we didn’t know where to start. Here’s what I’ve been watching!!
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series – Don’t even get me started on this show. It’s one of the new Disney+ original series, and it’s amazing. Essentially, it’s actors playing students at East High School (the school the original HSM movies were filmed) who put on a production of the stage adaptation of High School Musical. It’s the perfect mix of nostalgia and something new. Please watch it. You won’t regret it.
- Cars 1, 2, 3 – I don’t know about you, but I definitely slept on these movies. I don’t remember ever watching/liking them before. Zeke loves cars, so we thought he’d like these movies. He definitely does seeing as he will run around making car noises while watching it, but I think I love it more. My favorite is the second movie because spies. That’s all.
- All the DCOMs – High School Musical, Zenon the Girl of the 21st Century, The Cheetah Girls, Eddie’s Million Dollar Cook Off, ALL OF THEM. It’s the best trip down memory lane. I honestly don’t know where to start sometimes, they’re all so good.
- Everything from “the Vault” – Because Zeke deserves to see the Disney classics that are The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, etc. So far, his favorite is The Little Mermaid because “fish!!!” Zeke gets very into the movies and always gasps when things get intense or points out the objects and animals that he knows. It’s fun to watch him get to know these movies.
- Anything Marvel – On Netflix, I would cycle through Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers Infinity War, and Black Panther like no tomorrow. Now I have ALL OF THEM. Will I be watching these all in order? Yes, absolutely.
I’ve also watched various episodes of shows like Lizzie McGuire, Hannah Montana, and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. While I love that all the great series are available to watch, they’re a little harder to sit through because there are just so many episodes. It’s still fun to watch the best ones, though.
All in all, I love this app. I love Disney.