In honor of To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You premiering on Netflix in two days (February 12), here is my review of the books written by none other than Jenny Han. I watched To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before for the first time this past Christmas, almost a year after it premiered. After that, I went a little crazy. I honestly couldn’t tell you why it took me so long to watch it, but, needless to say, I am obsessed. I’ve watched the movie almost every day and it only took me one day each to read the books. I repeat: I am obsessed.
If I had known it was a book first, I feel like I would have been more inclined to read and watch it. Honestly, I remember seeing all the hype on social media but could never bring myself to play it. I could make a billion excuses, but what really matters is that I’ve watched the movie and read all three books, so now I’m going to tell you my thoughts. Similar to my last book review, I have written everything in bullet point form. And again, my thoughts tend to be all over the place and may or may not make sense.
Don’t read below the lines if you’re not about that.
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
- very easy read
- saw the movie first, it’s not the best book-to-movie adaptation
- but both are very, very good!!
- I want a Peter K (sorry Donald)
- I like Kitty’s character better in the movie
- there’s much more Korean culture in the book, which is cool
- the book is a CLIFF HANGER, unlike the movie!! the end of the movie is the beginning of the second book, sort of.
- 9/10 would recommend; 5/10 would read again (I liked the movie better)
P.S. I Still Love You
- JOHN. AMBROSE. MCCLAREN.
- Peter loves Lara Jean so, so much and I love that
- such an emotional rollercoaster, I cried a few times
- book-Kitty is growing on me
- the NECKLACE Peter K gets LJ
- Peter freaking Kavinsky ok
- much more character development and a more captivating story line with the ‘love triangle’
- I wish I did a time capsule with my friends
- not tryna be deep but it makes me think of friendships I had that have dissolved
- definitely liked it better than the first
- 9/10 would recommend; 8/10 would read again (I can’t wait for the movie!!!)
Always and Forever, Lara Jean
- my favorite of the three
- they go to NY and mention Levain Bakery!!!
- PETER K + LARA JEAN MAKE MY HEART MELT
- i love in-love-with-LJ Peter K.
- Hamilton references!!!!! ‘and Peggy’ lol
- peter & kitty’s relationship is adorable
- PETER FREAKING KAVINSKY.
- peter’s prom & birthday surprises for lara jean were adorable
- (at this point I am halfway through the book, WHAT ELSE CAN THERE BE)
- a post-grad, week-long beach trip with the senior class?? we went to andretti lol.
- why does Mrs. Kavinsky have to be like that
- PETER. GRANT. KAVINSKY.
- the ‘amended contract’ is absolute perfection
- 10/10 would recommend, 10/10 would read again
- alright, you know what I’m going to say
- they were very easy to read, but extremely captivating
- honestly, books with mystery or about espionage are more my cup of tea
- but I loved it
- 10/10 would recommend; 9/10 would read again
20 in 2020 Challenge Update: 4 out of 20 complete.